Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
EDI (Equality, Diversity and Inclusion) ensures fair treatment and opportunity for all. It aims to eradicate prejudice and discrimination on the basis of an individual or group of individual's protected characteristics.
Fundamentally, Equality and Diversity are about acknowledging that everybody has a right to fair and equal treatment, irrespective of age, gender, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic. Here at the Gloucestershire Learning Alliance, we are fully committed to doing everything we can to provide a curriculum that is equitable in offer and diverse in representation.
- Eliminating discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- Equality of opportunity and
- Fostering good relationships
- actively teach children to identify and challenge discrimination
- actively teach children how to be authentic allies
The protected characteristics are not just something we reference in our policies and curriculum, rather they are the basis of our advocacy.
The nine protected characteristics (Equalities Act 2010)
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
- Gender reassignment
- Pregnancy or maternity
- Marriage and civil partnership